CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm lacking motivation . . .



That is "Blogger Motivation."  Anybody that knows me well knows I have a lot of passion.  When I want something done I Get . . . It . . . Done . . .  I figure out a way to make it work and it gets done.  That's pretty much how I've gotten through life.  Sometimes it totally drives my husband crazy because I almost become obsessed.  Unfortunately there's only so much room to obsess in my life.  I like to think that I try my hardest to do everything well, but I'm usually only obsessed about one or two things at a time.  Of course my family is always an obsession, so that leaves only one more "obsession slot".  The last 2.5 years my obsession has been the adoption.  Part of my love for blogging was chronically that portion of my life.  Now, I feel very, very content with where our family is in life.  I have my 3 kiddos, my wonderful and loving hubby, and a house that feels like "home."  Prior to starting our family my obsession was my education.  I have a master's degree in speech-language pathology and I truly love my job.  But, I'm ashamed to say I haven't taken a class (other than 1-2 day workshops) in several years.  But, now that I'm feeling settled in my home life I'm feeling the pull to further my education.  I'm not sure what this will do to my blogging efforts because I'm sure most of my time in front of the computer from now on will be doing homework rather than uploading pictures.  But, I'm sure I'll check back in every once in a while.  Especially during long vacations from work.  Also, I PROMISE I will take some time this weekend and post pictures and updates from the last month or so.  I hate this guilty feeling I get when I'm not blogging, but right now it's just not a huge priority.  Please forgive me.  I usually get about 3,000 views a month and I have a nagging feeling that I'm letting people down when I'm not blogging regularly.  I've followed blogs before where I would check in daily and really enjoy reading about people and their adventures, or get great tips and ideas.  It is disappointing when those people seem to fall off the face of the blogging earth.  I don't want to be one of "those" people.  So, to the people that follow my blog and like to check in regularly, please don't forget about me.  I'll be back every once in a while and it's only a matter of time when the blog returns to a higher priority slot and you will see posts every couple of days.  Anybody else out there ever lose their "blogger motivation" and just want to focus on other aspects of their life?

0 comments: