CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 03, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY

Recently we took my boys and my nieces (minus Baby Kaci) to see my Grandpa Bob's headstone along with other various family members. Grandpa was a very special guy. He was known to all my friends because he was really adorable! He was barely over 5 feet tall and always had a smile on his face. He was also the smartest person I know. It makes me sad to know my kids wont know him in person. I was VERY pregnant with Cam when he died. We're so fortunate that Grandma Emily is still around and doing well at age 84. Nothing slows her down and I often joke that she has a better social life than I do!

Here's Dad and Mom with Bryce, Cam, Jenna, Shaylee, and Kaitlyn. Shaylee and Kaitlyn remember some things about Grandpa. They were very lucky to be a part of his life.


I love the headstone because it has a ton of meaning. Grandpa raised registered Hereford Cattle his whole life on our ranch in the Sandhills. He was a very talented cattleman and was known throughout our area as an excellent businessman too. Grandma had a passion for raising and training Arabian horses.

Here's Pops explaining to all the grandkids the symbolism of the headstone.

Here's Cam "planting" his flowers!

Bryce-E felt pretty important carrying his around!

This probably isn't the best cemetary behavior, but I think it's so cute that Bryce follows Jenna around like she's the coolest person in the world! We're excited to have the cousins moving back to town! Hopefully I'll post more about that later!


One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. ~~Psalm 27:4-5


0 comments: