CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011



Our Chuck-E-Cheese Road Trip

OK, I think I'm back into the bloggy world!  I'm feeling inclined to have a bit of a Wade's World marathon where I will post everyday until I get caught up on all the events I've neglected to post about.  So, the next few days I should be updating about Cam's Awana graduation and his preschool graduation as well as Easter, Mother's Day and the end of the school year party they had at the elementary school where I work.  So, keep checking back!  But, for today I want to highlight the mini-vaca we took over the weekend.  Ever since we got back from China Bryce has been wanting Aaron to sleep with him in his bed.  He'll go to sleep just fine on his own, but sometime in the middle of the night he will wake up and want some company.  So, we started a Chuck-E-Cheese chart for sleeping in his own bed.  Essentially he was able to fill one square with stickers every time he slept by himself all night.  He was allowed to get up and go to the bathroom (of course) and Mommy or Daddy would tuck him back in, but then he'd have to stay in there by himself the rest of the night.  It took him 3 months to FINALLY get 25 squares filled up!  We decided to make the Chuck-E-Cheese trip into a mini-vacation with shopping and a stay in a hotel with an indoor water park.  Check it out!

The chart is FINALLY filled!



Bryce-E's brother and sister were lucky enough to reap from his hard work of staying in bed by himself!

"Hurry up and eat your breakfast!  Chuck-E is waiting!!!





ROADTRIP!!!!!

Exhaustion from the anticipation finally set in for Bryce about half way into our 2 1/2 hour trip.

After a mandatory stop at Kohl's (LOVE IT!!) we finally headed in to meet the mouse!

Aaron's thrilled to be there!  Can't you tell?!?!?!?!?

This guy really IS thrilled to be there!

"Say Chuck-E-CHEEEEEEEEEEESE!"

This is how poor Em spent much of the time :0(

When she finally grumbled awake she was more interested in the pizza than the games.

Although the picture hanging behind our booth did catch her attention.

Well, a little ride with Barney doesn't sound SO bad :0)

Even better!  Chuck-E's car has all sorts of cool buttons and takes your pictures.

My favorite action shot of the year!
 Next we headed to the mall and Aaron and I took turns going into our favorite stores while the kiddos played.

I love seeing her face with each and every new experience.

Man, I just LOVE this kid!

Giddy-Up horsey, uh, I mean caterpillar!

Cam-O is always making new friends.  Every where we go he latches on to some kid that is usually 2-3 years older than him.  Seriously . . . EVERYWHERE we go he makes a friend!  Here's his mall BFF that he insisted HAD to be in the picture, he later made a swim-park BFF!  Tomorrow he'll make a Jiffy-Lube BFF and the next day it will be a Dairy Queen BFF.  I hope he keeps this trait the rest of his life.  But, I also hope he has a really well working "character monitor" naturally engrained into his body :0)
See you tomorrow where I hope to highlight the few pictures I have of Easter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with Aaron...I don't like Chuck E. Cheese either...but my kiddos loved it when they are younger...wonder if I can keep it a secret from Jolie...probably not...LOL

Lesley said...

Were you guys in Lincoln? I could've said hi! :D